Genre: Indie, Strategy
Release Date: 19 Sep, 2014
Release Name: Shadows Of War v1.17
Game Name: Shadows Of War
Game Version: 1.17
Game Releaser: DEVO
Size: 196 MB
About This Game
Shadows of War is a 2D Real-Time Strategy sidescroller game.
The game combines classical RTS elements with new ideas into a 2D game.
Fight in massive battlefields against your worst foe!
Challenge your friends in a 1v1 battle, show them who is in control.
Some maps also have unique elements, that requires you to change your tactics. The bigger the map, the harder it will be. You always need to have an eye on every section of the map. Be fast to take counter measures of the enemy’s attacks!
The game also offers the Hardcore mode, for old-school gamers that needs a challenge.
You are low on money, which means you can order less units onto the battlefield.
Support strikes will be rarely used, since they’re costing too much.
Keep track of your tickets, you can’t lose a single one!
You really need to do everything to prevent the enemy from marching into your land.
Always do your best! Else, loosing can’t be prevented.
Remember the good old days, where games hadn’t got any XP system?
You only played for fun, not for unlocks or that stuff? Like that?
Then SoW is the perfect game for you, no DLC, no XP, no Micro-Transactions.
1944, a German Science project, was sealed and hidden.
It was never meant to be found. But in 2013, a new Federal Chancellor was elected.
Then, old research projects were activated again, this is where everything began…
One of the projects, were a bomb, not a casual one.
They built the bomb after the blueprints they’ve found.
Then they tested it, the bomb detonated successfully, with a devastating effect.
A world was left, that were pushed into the shadows, no hope, no life as it is known.
Nations in despair, began to wage war. The world, at the brink of total destruction.
Now we are here. No alliances, all fighting for survival.
Russia, now facing Germany again, on the battlefields of Europe.
- OS: Windows Vista
- Processor: Intel Pentium 4 or later
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 350 MB available space
- OS: Windows 8.1 64-Bit
- Processor: Intel Core 2 or later
- Memory: 1024 MB RAM
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Network: Broadband Internet connection
- Updated Menu links for the new homepage.
- Friendly Units shown Green on minimap – Improved visibility.
- Removed the “Secret Weapon” from GUI.
- Reduced Cluster Bombs smaller bombs from 24 to 8.
- Tweaked Cluster Bombs spread and properties.
- Several smaller GUI improvements.
- Removed Mouse Zoom Focus Option (Obsolete).
- Sound scales properly to time (FastForward).
- GBU explosion is now smaller.
- Several smaller Audio optimizations.
- “Match Making” UI simplified and improved.
- “Custom Matches” UI improved.
- [DLC] Added Metadata tags. (Thanks Aespher)
- All-Time stats not displayed properly.
- Steam Achievements working properly again.
- Cluster Bomb performance spike.
- Several smaller Multiplayer bugs.
- Outline not working properly.
- Updated NW.js 0.12.3 to 0.13 Beta 5
- Engine updated to v221
1. Extract Release
2. Launch The Game