Genre: Action, Indie, Racing
Developer: Flippfly LLC
Publisher: Flippfly LLC
Release Date: 10 Dec, 2013
Release Name: Race The Sun VR
Game Version: First Release
Game Releaser: DEVO
Size: 243 MB
About This Game
You are a solar craft. The sun is your death timer. Hurtle towards the sunset at breakneck speed in a futile race against time. Delay the inevitable by catching energy boosts which reverse the setting sun – if only for a moment.
Race The Sun is inspired by arcade games of the past with a focus on highscores, short game sessions, and a sense of pure fun mingled with a nerve-wracking tension. The rules are simple: don’t crash, stay in the light, and don’t slow down!
- Race at insane speeds through an infinite procedural world that changes every day
- Complete objectives to unlock upgrades and level-up your ship (25 levels)
- Customize your ship with attachments like faster turning and decals
- Built-in editor that allows you to create your own endless worlds
- “World portals” that transport you to user-created worlds
- Unlockable ultra-hard world called Apocalypse
Note: VR Support is currently Windows only.
- Windows: XP, Vista, 7, 8
- Dual Core Processor
- 2 GB RAM
- SM2.0 (or later) Graphics Card
- 150 MB available space
1. Extract Release
2. Launch The Game
Steam VR support is now available!
Hey all, we just wanted to let you know that we just released version 1.531, which includes support for Steam VR! It’s designed as a seated experience, and for now uses the same keyboard/gamepad input as the 2D version. We hope you enjoy it!
(Note: VR support is currently windows only. We will look into the possibility of supporting Linux in the future.)